The Wedding Notebook

Welcome to the world of weddings...a Colorado Springs wedding planner shares her thoughts, ideas and work. Imagination flawlessly transformed into the event of the lifetime!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Taking a Break

I have been remiss in not updating this blog for my recent status change.

Given the wonderful demands of a gorgeous and precocious toddler, I have decided to take a break from wedding planning. I don't know if I'll be back or not. I loved the business, but I also feel like I accomplished what I set out to do. I started because I had a terrible experience with a local wedding planner when planning my own wedding. I wanted to prove to myself, and if I'm honest, to her, that it could be done better. Much much better. That it could be done as a serious business with absolute dedication to customer service and making sure the bride and groom had exactly the kind of wedding they wanted. And there's no doubt in my mind that I proved it. When I first started, I was the first and only wedding planner I knew with a blog. In fact, I had a blog before even the best of local photographers (The Caytons) had theirs! The Cayton's blog has been so instrumental to their continued success that it's crazy to think of a time when they didn't have one. Now, everyone has one. I'd like to take credit for that, but I'm sure it was only a matter of time.

Along the way, I've made wonderful friends and feel in my heart, I'll always be a wedding planner. I have had a very hard time giving it up. I still give all sorts of free advice and am even on occasion tempted to take on a client.

Anyhow, I realized recently when contacted for a wedding "gig" that I have been remiss about documenting my status change. I took down my website and email, but I have kept this blog as I believe there's still a lot of very good and frankly much of it, still relevant advice. If brides come across this blog and find some good advice and direction, I'm proud to have it available.

If you come across this and bemoan my retirement, know that I'm always open to answering a quick question or directing you to who I used to enjoy working with. Know that the wedding business changes quickly, so the premier reception site of two years ago may no longer be the best bet today, so hiring a wedding planner is always the best of bets. I highly suggest the Association of Bridal Consultants if you're looking for a qualified wedding planner/consultant. The website is www.bridalassn.com. But if desperation grabs you and you must speak to me, you can find me where I was recently contacted by a great, newly engaged gal, as determined as me, on Facebook.

And to all of my clients, thank you. Thank you so sincerely, for letting me be part of one of the best days of your life. It was my pleasure and an honor to serve you.

Happy Planning!

Melissa Titus Clymer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home