The Wedding Notebook

Welcome to the world of weddings...a Colorado Springs wedding planner shares her thoughts, ideas and work. Imagination flawlessly transformed into the event of the lifetime!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lauren & Nathan's Wedding

Here's the most recent wedding we did (link to Cayton Photography who did the photography): http://caytonphotography.com/blog/2008/06/lauren-and-nathans-garden-of-gods-club_16.html You will find a link to the slideshow in his blog post.

It was a very beautiful wedding and such a sweet couple. I truly enjoyed working with them on their wedding.

They were lucky to have a small army of photographers, Sean Cayton & Brienne Boortz of Cayton Photography and Kent Meireis documented the day. Here's Kent's slideshow of the wedding: http://kentmeireisphotography.com/slideshows/Gods/

I don't often kiss and tell on my weddings, at least I try to keep the stories anonymous, but the family was so good about this incident I thought I'd share. We had another one of those "can't plan for it" moments.

As the Matron of Honor and Best Man were starting on their processional walk, the Bride & her father and the flowergirl and ringbearer (the bride's neice & nephew) advanced. While advancing, the flowergirl, only 2 years old and holding her brother's hand, fell on a step in the lobby of the Garden of the Gods Club. My assistant Stephanie immediately picked the darling, but sobbing girl up trying to comfort her and told me calmly, "she's bleeding." The poor little darling flowergirl had bit her lip! As a mother, my first instinct was to hold her tight and rock her, which I did, at the same time I knew we were right in the middle of the processional...and it was time for the flowergirl and ringbearer to walk down the aisle! We dried her eyes, dapped away the blood on her lip, helped the ringbearer get her walking, told her to go get her momma (who was the Matron of Honor) and away she went! She made it to her grandmother (the bride's mother) in the first row and we sighed with relief!

Meanwhile, we got the Bride off and then I ran to the kitchen to get an icepack, which I gave to Sean Cayton (who was going up to the ceremony to photograph) to hand to the Grandmother to make sure we didn't end up with any swelling....which we didn't. She was fine afterwards and despite my assistants and my concern, the misstep was a distant memory!

I've been doing weddings for four years and I still haven't seen a fraction of it all! Although, so far, I'd say that was my scariest moment!

Happy Planning!!

-Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home