The Wedding Notebook

Welcome to the world of weddings...a Colorado Springs wedding planner shares her thoughts, ideas and work. Imagination flawlessly transformed into the event of the lifetime!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Wedding Planner as the Bride

I was once too a bride. I wish I could be again and again. I'm lucky because I guess in a way, I can live vicariously through my clients - it is wonderful that I can have weddings I never would have thought of myself - my brides have wonderful imagination and creativity and special touches that only they could come up with. I love it when a bride has a different idea or is willing to try something new or work with new colors and ideas.

When you see so many weddings, they start looking the same - that's why I really push couples to go with what makes sense to them, what feels right, what means something to them and to forego a tradition if it doesn't have any value or meaning to them. I was not nearly as courageous as a bride, so I know how hard it is, but as a wedding planner, I'm here to cheer you on with the mango and lime colors if that's what you want. If something catches your eye and you can't stop staring at it or thinking of it, it's probably the right thing for your wedding. I'll never tell you something wouldn't look good - that's not my decision to make! I support you in your decisions and encourage you to be more courageous - so maybe in the end, even if you don't end up with mango and lime as your colors, you end up with something closer than navy blue or burgundy (not that there's anything wrong with that...it's just done a lot).

When I got married, Sean & Cathy Cayton of Cayton Photography were my photographers. They were and are amazing. I adore their work and enjoy them as individuals, in fact they have become friends and I know for sure that my husband and I are not the only past clients that can claim that. Makes me a bit jealous.

In any case, Sean & Cathy also have a blog and posted an entry about me a week or so ago. I though you might like to see one of my wedding pictures. Sean also put my cake on there - he uses it as an example of a perfectly good cake for only $300 (would you rather have a $1,000 cake or amazing photographs). By the way, I'm not suggesting a $300 cake is for everyone, but for us, the cake was definitely lower on our priority list and so we allocated budget accordingly. The picture was taken before the wedding (I'm sure I've shared my personal opinion on that) with Sean about 200 yards away. We forgot he was there - he has this huge telephoto lens that makes it look, from the finished product, like he was in our faces, when really he seemed to be miles away! The most romantic time for my husband and I was the time we spent together before the wedding. And, of course, some of our best and most intimate pictures were captured then.

Here's the link: http://caytonphotography.com/blog/2006/05/great-resource-for-brides-to-be.html

Happy Planning!!

-Melissa

www.MoonriverWeddings.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home